SecureAPlus recently received the highest possible rating in a security test conducted by AVLab, an independent antivirus tester based in Poland.
The original report along with a look at the malware threat landscape of 2016, specifically on ransomware, can be found at the following page (in Polish):
The ransomware test focused on the effectiveness of popular IT security solutions for both home and small/medium enterprises (SME) in the country such as Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Comodo, Emsisoft, ESET, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, McAfee, Norton, Panda, Qihoo 360, Sophos, Trend Micro, Zemana and more.
These anti-ransomware software along with SecureAPlus were pitted against the latest crypto-ransomware threats available such as Cerber, Locky, Petya, Jigsaw and 24 others.
In the interest of equality, the test was conducted with the software default recommended settings in an identical test environment.
Whenever a ransomware sample is put on the test computer, the anti-ransomware software can get 3 possible ratings. First is when the ransomware sample manages to successfully encrypt the files of the test device. This is obviously undesirable for any of the participating anti-ransomware software.
The second rating is when the anti-ransomware software manages to detect the crypto-ransomware as a threat through on-access scanning (signature-based). While the third rating is when the anti-ransomware was explicitly blocked through proactive protection (non-signature based, e.g. anti-executable, application whitelisting). The latter two ratings are the desired outcome by participating anti-malware software.
The summary data of the test (in English) can be found on the link below:
The results found that SecureAPlus was able to prevent all of the 28 crypto-ransomware samples used in the test from encrypting the test device. Of all the threats, 8 (29%) were detected through on-access scanning (Universal AV & Offline AV). The remaining 20 (71%) threats were blocked by proactive protection (Application Control & Application Whitelisting).
AVLab has since awarded SecureAPlus a rating of Best+++ (or 100% effectiveness) for software intended for protecting home users and micro businesses against the latest crypto-ransomware threat.
For those interested in trying SecureAPlus out, the next generation security software can be had for free for the first 365 days by simply downloading and installing it. All core features such as the 12 cloud antivirus engines, application control and application whitelisting, and the optional offline anti-virus are included in the Freemium version.